Personal Information Consent for Watson IoT Academy
What Is The Information We Collect and Use?
IBM Watson IoT Academy processes the personal information to operate, maintain and provide you with features and functions that enhance the learning experience. We, at IBM, use aggregated metrics such as number of students, unique visit to site and pattern of usage to improve content and usability as well as progress reports limited to our internal brands to understand consumption of their content, any data contained in these reports is not viewable outside of IBM. In some cases Business Partners host courses from the academy and will aggregrate metrics such as the number of students and pattern of usage to improve their content and usability specific to their courses hosted on the academy. If you are an IBM employee all of your course completion data will be shared with your first line and in-country manager, which includes graded activities and completion status, if allowed by privacy and labor relation laws of the employee's country. Monitoring of these activities and course completion is compiled in an aggregrated weekly report and identifies who completed the course. There are no grades released in this report, you are either complete or incomplete. We do not send escalation email notifications about your completion or non-completion of a course to anyone. IBM employees completing a course may be issued Think 40 credit, in such case we provide your name and email address to issue the credit.
What Is the Information You Provide?
To access the IBM Watson IoT Academy and to be able to take a self-paced virtual classroom or a web-based training course, you will need to sign in using an IBM ID or if an IBM Employee your W3 account. To create an IBM ID go to this site https://www.ibm.com/account/us-en/signup/register.html You will be asked for your name, email-address, and country / region. The IBM ID/W3 data is not maintained by the IoT Academy. The IoT Academy requires your username, name and email address, all other data is optional.
***Please note, failing to create an IBM ID (non-ibm) or not using W3 account (IBM) will prevent your access to the Watson IoT Academy. ***
We may use your email address to send you:
- Training and course-related notices (including notices from the instructor, system related notices about assignments from course assignments).
- Some of the Watson IoT Academy courses contain forums that are used for student interactions. You can subscribe and unsubscribe from these forums and specific posts within a forum. When you subscribe to a forum or post you will receive email notifications until you unsubscribe from the forum or post. When posting to the forum your first and last name will be visual to other students.
- If you complete a course or course activity that awards a badge, you will receive an email with instructions on how to claim the badge through the Acclaim site. We provide Acclaim with your first name. last name and email address from your user account in which you earned the badge.
- If you open a support ticket with the IoT Academy Helpdesk (email@example.com), then we may contact you via email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
- We will NOT use your contact information to send you messages about courses that may of interest to you. Personal information is held for three years.
IBM Open Badge Program
IBM Open Badges – Watson IoT Academy offers self-paced virtual classroom, web based training courses, classroom courses and quizzes that qualify for an IBM Open Badge. IBM leverages the services of Pearson VUE's Acclaim (a 3rd party) for administration of the IBM Open Badge program. Upon completing a self-paced virtual classroom, web based training courses, and quiz that qualifies for a badge, you will receive a notification from Acclaim to claim your badge. We provide Acclaim your email address, last name and first name specifically for issuing the badge. Claiming the badge is voluntary, if you decide not to claim the badge and want your personal information removed please contact Acclaim support at http://support.youracclaim.com/
The Acclaim account must use the same email address the badge notification was sent.
***Please note, failing to create an Acclaim account will prevent you from being able to claim your badge.***
Business Partner Course Offering
Business Partner Course Offering– Watson IoT Academy may offer self-paced virtual classroom, web based training courses, and hybird classroom courses (part online/part classroom) that are owned and/or delivered by IBM Business Partners. Before you can enroll in these courses you must contact the associated business partner who will process your request. The enrollment process may require personal information and any personal information you provide is governed by the Business Partner PI Policy. Once enrolled in a Business Partner course on the Watson IoT Academy your personal information stored in the system is not electronically transferred to the Business Partner systems. The business partner instructors and/or course managers have access to data such as grades, email address, first and last names of students enrolled in their courses. The data is used only to manage your particiaption in the course and to make improvements to the course. The data will not be used for any other activities outside of managing your participation and course improvement efforts. Further, a business partner may issue a badge as part of completing a course. The Business Partner follows our policy listed under the IBM Open Badge Program. If the business partner collects any personal information during their enrollment process you must contact the business partner to process requests for removal of PI data from their systems.
- Right to access to the stored data - If you want to request access to your data and make sure that they are accurate and lawfully entered, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Request Access to the stored data.
- Right to Data portability - You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and you have the right to transmit those data to another service provider without hindrance.
- Data Erasure (Right to be forgotten) - If you want to request erasure of personal data concerning you (i.e. there is no need for processing your personal data), please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line Request Data Erasure.
- Data Rectification - If you want to request rectification in case there are inaccurate personal data (i.e. incomplete personal data). please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Request Data Rectification.
- Objection to the processing - On grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time the processing of personal data concerning you, including profiling, you can object at any time by sending a mail to email@example.com with the subject line Request Objection to the processing.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority - You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the EU GDPR Regulation.
- If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses. Personal information is held for three years.
- If you don't want to receive these messages, you can opt out by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line NO_MESSAGES
Withdrawal of Consent
If you choose to withdraw your consent from this personal information consent for this site we will remove your information. Removal of your information includes removal of access to the site, your training records, scores, and transcripts will be deleted.